Sunday, August 20, 2006

Remember that time....when we watched Gymkata....about the dude with wicked skills in Gymnastics and Ninjitsu....that was Awesome!


The memory is a funny thing.

Have you ever remembered seeing a movie that you thought was really cool when you saw it a long time ago, and then upon seeing it again question your own sanity? Or worse.....did you talk up this movie to friends, saying things like, "You've got to see this movie. It's AWESOME!" And through your insistence, you were able to get them to sit down with you and watch said movie, only to realize about 10 minutes in that you've made a grave mistake.

I have.

Twice.

In both instances, the unfortunate saps who listened to me were my buddies Cory and Daryn. The offending movies were Gymkata and Prayer of the Rollerboys.

Seriously....what was I thinking?

Of course, every once in a while memory serves you correctly, such as in the case of Playing By Heart which I just located at MusicWorld a few days ago (after repeated searches of DVD racks in stores across Canada). I'm glad I have it to add to my collection. It's worth checking out.

Really. It's way better than Gymkata.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Yup. Can we say Labrynth? I made Steve rent it with me one night. Somehow, David Bowie with eighties hair and a skin-tight bodysuit just wasn't as offensive when I was young. *shudder*

7:39 AM  
Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Just like that movie Steve said was amazing. I think it was called Hairspray

7:10 PM  
Blogger London Postmaster said...

Not hairspray... 'Hair'

... But that movie DOES rock!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home