Monday, August 14, 2006

Hey, isn't that....???

Being from the small city of Sudbury, Ontario, where the claim to fame is being the birthplace of Alex Trebek, celebrity sighting was never something that I was ever exposed to.

With my job these days, however, I at times find myself rubbing shoulders with people I never would have guessed I'd see anywhere other than on television or the silver screen (or on a stage from a distance). This past weekend alone, I was in contact with:

Bill Gates
Richard Gere
Sandra Oh
Alicia Keyes
Chantal Kreviazuk
Raine Maida

And let's not forget her and these two.

I'm not the kind of guy to stand in awe of celebrities. They are just people, after all. Nonetheless, it is pretty cool to be in the presence of people who are so well-known.

4 Comments:

Blogger Burnie said...

Another great site you may want to visit..It gives many links and points of interest about this fair city known as Sudbury http://www.cyberbeach.net/~seajay/sudbury.html

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look at that, husband promoting wife's (well designed, thoroughly informative and highly popular) website...awww!!!

Dave, I am also not starstruck, in fact, I refuse to buy the mags with the star news because it's such a waste of time reading (or watching) about their lives when I've got such a busy life of my own, however...your job is still REALLY cool!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

So is there a Canadian version of the Fox show Cops?

10:22 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

There is, actually. It's called To Serve and Protect, and generally follows the exploits of the Vancouver Police Service and the RCMP in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. I don't know if it's still in production. THIS is the only reference I could find on in all the tubes of the Internet.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home