Saturday, July 29, 2006

Allyoucaneatism

I have made a discovery which I wish to share with you, dear Reader.

Buffets are the Devil.

It's true. They are beacons of temptation, just waiting to unleash their evil upon you.

We decided to head out for dinner tonight, because neither Tam or I felt any burning desire to cook. In truth, the entire day had been pretty much a colossal waste, so we figured there was no use in trying to salvage it. To heighten the laziness, we just went down the road to the local Chinese place. If you haven't guessed by now....it had a buffet.

I have a habit of overeating in this kind of situation, but I figured this time, I could beat it. I wasn't really that hungry. I drank numerous glasses of water to "fill up".

Unfortunately, it is widely theorized that a male encountering a buffet will instinctually eat as much as possible in order to tip the cost vs. food value scale in his favour. It is deeply coded in the DNA.

I ate until it hurt. Then I ate some more. And squeezed in a bowl of soup. And some ice cream....and a cookie....and some chocolatey-thingie. I felt sick.

It wasn't my fault. It's genetic.

I even got a fortune cookie. You tend to express yourself passionately and courageously. WTF? That's not a fortune. That's a statement. And no lottery numbers.

I guess you get what you pay for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Dave, you do this to yourself everytime. There is no point in me trying to stop you. Oh ya stop blaming me:) Love ya

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've sworn off buffets. Not because I eat too much, but because I always end up making some horrible dinner concoction of cheddar cheese, onion rings and fettucine alfredo.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home