Saturday, July 22, 2006

Old Cars and Secret Identities

Today the wife and I decided to head over to the Classic Car Exhibition taking place at the Barrie Event Centre. I'm not the kind of guy who's particularily mechanically inclined, so under normal circumstances, this isn't likely the place you'd find me on a Saturday afternoon. However, we were motivated by the fact that my father-in-law was in attendance with the Sudbury Street Rod Association showing off his work in progress, a 1933 Ford Coupe. Here are a few choice pictures from our little excursion.



The black hotrod with the orange engine work is the ride belonging to my father-in-law.



Sweet.



Yeah.....I could see myself in that.



Okay...so when I was a young lad, I decided that the Corvette Stingray was my dream car. I was going to own one. It would be black. The license plate would say SHADOW. Because that was going to be my superhero/crimefighter name. The Shadow. Not like the actual The Shadow with the ghey red scarf. I'd be more like Sylvester Stallone in Cobra. When I was young....Cobra was the epitome of cool.

Yes....I was a geek. Please withhold any comments to that effect. And buy me a Stingray....so I can fight crime in style.

Seriously....you can't fight crime in a Toyota Tercel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

If I would of known your dream car was the Stingray, maybe my dad would of sold his to you. Oh well that was about 10 years ago.
Love ya

12:06 PM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

...you can't fight crime in a Toyota Tercel.

Try a Toyota Rav4. With a baby seat in the back. Not getting any props with that.

:-)

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home