Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Return of Dark Helmet

A little bit of good news for me today on the work front. Two pieces, in fact. The first is that I've finally been given a date to attend the National VIP Course in Ottawa this June. Once I have that under my belt, I'll start to get duties that are a little more interesting, as opposed to driving the spare vehicle, or watching elevators.


Secondly, after some political wrangling and creative email writing, I've finally got the green light to join the Ontario RCMP Public Order Troop. As some of you may know, I served on the team in Saskatchewan for about 3-4 years, and enjoyed it immensely. My only deployment was to the G8 Summit in Kananaskis, AB, but as things remained peaceful, we weren't called to duty. First practice with the new team is at the end of April.

Colour me happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Ya, during my doctor's appointment. I guess the RCMP still comes first.:) I'm happy your on the team. I'm starting to think you wanted back on the team for the drinking.
Tam

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Dave!!!! Maybe you'll call me before you go?????

7:32 AM  
Blogger Burnie said...

Hey Dave,
Glad to hear about both...I'm sure you will do well at both.
You will have to tell me more next time we talk...ttyl

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home