Saturday, February 25, 2006

Geek Alert!

<geek>

You'll have to indulge me a moment while I tap into my inner geek.


It's not a well-guarded secret that I used to read the occassional comic book in my youth. In truth, if I could justify the expense, I'd probably still collect them. Thankfully, though, with the technological advances of modern cinema, a lot of comics are getting the silver screen treatment. The last installment of Batman (Batman Begins) was exceptionally done, and a sequel is in the works (which hopefully doesn't turn out like Batman Returns, the sequel to Tim Burton's Batman). Of slightly less interest to me is the upcoming Superman flick, though to it's credit it has Bryan Singer at the helm, who directed the first X-Men film, which was great. Lost yet? Anyway, I have never been a big fan of Superman, as I've always found him to be too powerful. It gets boring when every villain has kryptonite. Yawn. We'll see how it turns out.

Far more exciting, however, is the anticipated third installments of Spiderman 3 and X-Men 3. The Spiderman franchise has been exceptionally done, and since it looks like Venom will be making an appearance, I'm especially eager. We'll see how X-Men 3 turns out without Bryan Singer at the helm, but the trailers have looked promising thus far.

I can't wait.

</geek>

1 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Are you bored at work?
I'm off at 8 see you then
Love ya
Tam

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home