Monday, January 30, 2006

Seven Days Later

Ironically, about 1 hour after my last entry, I got a phone call. From work. They wanted me to work that night on the NDP. All night long and then into my dayshift the next day. I had no desire to work....but it's hard to turn down that overtime, y'know? So I said yes, and went to try and get some sleep. About an hour into my peaceful slumber, I was roused to take another call. Turns out they don't need me to come in. I was mildly relieved, but somewhat frustrated in that I wasn't going to make any extra coin, and that I'd wasted some of my day "preparing" for work. Ah well. So...I stayed up to watch Harper and the Conservatives win a minority government, and then went to bed.

Work was....well....there. No VIP's coming in, so things were pretty quiet in the office. I was fighting a killer cold that reared it's head on Sunday morning in Windsor. But I made it through.

Wednesday morning, I felt worse. I called in sick. Caught up on some sleep. In the evening, we decided to bite the bullet and go get our new t.v. to replace the one that died. Again. So now I have my dream t.v. A Sony Bravia 40" LCD/HD flat panel. (insert Homer-esque drool). Woohoo!

Back to work on Thursday and Friday. Ever see Office Space? You know when the Bob's ask Peter to go through his average day of work. Yeah.

I was asked Friday to work a midnight on Friday night/Saturday morning, so I got to go home early to get some sleep. Thanks to phone calls, roaring snowmobiles, and other distractions, that worked out to be about 1 hour of sleep. Turned out to be a long night.

The rest of the weekend was pretty tame. The biggest news is that I got a haircut, so pretty darn exciting.

And now it's Monday....a week since my last post. It's surprising that I'm even writing this now, since it seems that a lot of people thought the world was going to end when the Conservatives won on Monday night. But......we're still here. The sky hasn't fallen yet. I guess Harper's dragon is still in the closet.

Maybe he'll destroy the country next week. Someone call Michael Moore. He'll know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home