Thursday, November 16, 2006

Passing A Stone

Most days, sometime shortly after dinner, I put on my shoes, throw on my jacket, grab the leash and take my dog out for a walk. It has become a time of day where I am alone with my thoughts and allow my mind to wander. Quite often, my wanderings lead me towards blogging. This may be blogs I have read and perhaps want to comment on, or topics I want to write about. The ideas come easily, and in my mind I compose entries that are things of beauty. I think to myself, "Self....this is a great idea. In the immortal words of Van Wilder.....write that down."

Once home, I sit down at my computer, log onto Blogger, crack my knuckles and.....

......nothing.

Words fail, desire fades, time dissipates. Nothing is written. The entire process causes me no end of aggravation, and no doubt is dissappointing to those who still bother to check in here. I suppose the addition of Alexandra to our family and the demands that she places on myself and Tam has played a significant role. On days that I work, I'm away from home for 12 hours at minimum, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for other pursuits. I've also found that contrary to my theory that putting the computer in the same room as the t.v. would increase my productivity (the two-birds-with-one-stone principle), the exact opposite is true. My attention is pulled between the computer and the idiot box resulting in my not really enjoying either. My blogging delinquency is not to be attributed to lack of ideas, though. Here is but a sampling of topics bouncing around my head:

  • An Interview With Myself
  • Religion...Hooah: What is it good for?
  • Recipe for a Great Commute
  • Why Galactica Would Completely Frak Up The Enterprise
  • Random Christmas Gift Ideas for my Family (vol. 1 - x)
  • Review: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • A Letter To My Favourite Teacher
  • Alexandra: Crying, Eating, Pooping, Sleeping
  • Things I've Learned From Watching The Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • The Story of Herschel Wilson
  • Identity Crisis: Blueteeth, Tattoos and Baggy Jeans
  • Television Sucks (But I Watch It Anyway)
  • It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time
My memory presents those for your consumption, but rest assured there have been many, many more. If you have a burning desire to see any of those come to fruition, please let me know. Alternatively, if you have an idea for a post, it may just motivate me to write, so fire away.

Something else which has been hampering my ability to write lately is the fact that this is post 100.



Whoop-dee-doo!

I've done the math, and I average out at about 9 spectacular posts a month, or 1 ever 3 1/2 days. And some are cop-outs like this.

Anyway....there you have it. Number one hundred. Hope you enjoyed it.

P.S. I wasn't invited to TomKat's wedding. I'm sooooo not sending them anything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. Awesome start, dude.
Requests:
* Interview with yourself
* Religion: Causes nothing but wars!
* Great commute
* Alexandra: things she does
* Seemed like good idea at the time
* TV sucks, but sucked in we get

Congrats on numero 100!

PS - I wasn't invited either. I thought we were all friends.

9:14 PM  
Blogger London Postmaster said...

I would like to hear about how "The Greatest Blog Ever Written" once killed a man... I hear it's a true story.

That and all about Alex!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Burnie said...

Number 100 and counting...good job. I have the same problem of coming up with great blog topics.

In my quiet times lots of thinks to write about...but then draw a blank at the computer.

I chalk it up to senior moments.
In your case it is probably information overload running in your head.

I'm sure we will see lots of serious and not so serious blogs in the future... :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Definately have to do "An interview with myself"!! And we need more on little cute Alex. Quite frankly, I'm disappointed there's still no post about a crazy poop explosion. Shame shame.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home