Sunday, October 22, 2006

Parenthood, Paintball and Peter's Query

I'm tired and I desperately need to get some sleep, but I feel obligated to write something since it will be the better part of a week before I get another chance.

Life at the homestead has been exciting but tiring as the wife and I explore parenthood. Luckily we've had live-in help for the better part of the month (thanks moms) which has made the transition a little easier. It's amazing how fast the day goes by when you have a little person to take care of.

That being said, I did manage to weasel out of my fatherly responsibilties yesterday morning to go spend a few hours playing paintball with a couple of the old high school chums. That makes one outing this year and once last year. I definitely need to increase the frequency, because it was a great time (as usual).

So high school chum Peter says to me, "Hey Dave...nice blog. What's the deal with the chick you're promoting?" The question sounded a bit familiar. I believe that he is talking about Jessica Stover. I gave him the two second response before we were interrupted by someone or something (probably Darren barking orders about filling loaders or something). In any event, Jessica recently did and interview with Eventful that explains a lot about her project. There is also an interesting thread being discussed on her site about the new television show Heroes and movies and other such business. Check it out. Perhaps when I get back I'll write something more about why I support Jess' projects and how I got involved.

In the meantime, enjoy a picture of Alexandra (with a few more added to Flickr).



Later, skaters. (no funny business while I'm away)

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Funny/cute pic, and thanks for linking to me! I didn't notice until now. :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

What's the deal with the chick you're promoting

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that...

A dollar(US) that is...

;-)

I told you - sleep when the baby sleeps. The first month is the toughest. We had about a month of really bad nights recently and discovered that Loren appears to have an issue with cow's milk. We'd been giving her yogurt and using formula to make her cereal and once we switched to soy she is now just waking up twice a night - and Cheryl only has to feed her one of those times to get Loren to go back to sleep. A world of difference. Put that into your back pocket for when Alexandra gets older.

I can't believe Loren is going to be 1 year old in just a couple of weeks. The time goes faster than you'd believe.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home