Thursday, June 22, 2006

Home

I'm back.

Back from my second trip to Ottawa in the last month. I'd love to regale you with stories of all the interesting sites I'd seen, and inundate you with breathtaking pictures from the nation's capital. Unfortunately....I've got nothing. The truth of the matter is, there wasn't a lot of time for a personal program, as it were. They kept us busy on the course, and any downtime was spent with tasks like sleeping....and eating....and perhaps imbibing the odd alcoholic beverage (just to be social, of course).

I can tell you this. Going on a work related trip, where expenses are covered, has it's perks. You get your bed made every morning by housekeeping. You get to eat out every night. You get to hang out with co-workers......

On the down-side, you have to sleep in a hotel, eat out every night, and hang out with co-workers.

Yeah. It gets old pretty fast. It doesn't take long before you begin to miss your wife, the dog, a home-cooked meal, your bed, the Internets.....and all the things you become accustomed to in every day life.

That's not to say that I didn't have a fantastic time. The training was great. I got to spend some time with the boys, drinking beer and watching the World and Stanley Cups, respectively. And Ottawa (at least parts of it) is a lovely city, which I wish I had more time to experience.

But yeah. I'm back. And just 1.5 days away from 17 days off.

Whatever will I do with myself?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

Can't tell who miss you the most, Rudy or me. You just left for your last day of work and your dog is looking for you. He's sitting infront of the door waiting. I guess I have more to do so I'm not thinking about it to much. We are all happy you are home. I will make up that list you were thnking of and call my uncle to see if he can help on Sunday.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home