Saturday, June 10, 2006

Preemptive Blog

I feel compelled to post something today, since I know it will be close to two weeks before I get the opportunity again. I am going to be away in Ottawa on a work related course, and aside from being extremely busy, I don't think I am going to have any Internet access. So, for the next two weeks at least, I have a valid excuse for not posting. ;)

The truth is, I would post a lot more if I could, but there are some things I just can't talk about due to my job as a member of the RCMP. I'd love to talk about some of the cool training I'm getting as part of the VIP Security Section. I have opinions about the Caledonia standoff (I was there) and on what people are saying about the recent terror arrests. I can't really be vocal about any political issue, as I have to retain the appearance of neutrality (which is how we have to approach our job as well).

At the end of the day, that eliminates a great deal about what I can discuss or post about in my blog. So what can I discuss?

Hmmm.....

Two days ago, we went and had our first ultrasound for the pregnancy. It was admittedly, a little surreal. Up until that point, I was still able to retain just a little bit of denial. Out of sight, out of mind, as it were. No longer. It's kind of funny, since every time I've seen an ultrasound image of a pregnancy before, I just kind of nodded and said I saw it (kind of like those pictures that are all blurry, but they tell you there's a sailboat there, and after a while you just say you see the bloody thing so they stop asking you, doyouseeit, doyouseeit, doyouseeit?), when in reality, all is saw was some obscure shapes in a bunch of static. Not so in this instance. I definitely saw a baby, and it kind of freaked me out. But....I was smiling, so I suppose it's the good sort of freaked out. I'd love to be able to post a picture, but the bloody place doesn't do pictures. We were able to dish out $20 for a VHS copy of the ultrasound though. That is really super-fantastic, since we don't have a VCR!!

Yesterday, I was a slug. I slept in, watched television, and did practically nothing all day. Very productive. We had someone come in to clean our ducts, since the airflow upstairs is brutal. We have yet to see if it had any effect, but the guy said it didn't look like they had been cleaned since the house was built 14 years ago. Not that I expected him to say, "These ducts are spotless.....we're not needed here....please keep your money sir!"

We decided to go out for dinner, being in the sluggish funk that we were and not wanting to cook. Having lived here for almost a year, we've never tried eating anywhere local, usually going to Barrie instead. So, we decided to try one of the local Chinese joints. They had a buffet, and it was pretty good. I'm glad we went. As an added bonus, my fortune cookie said, "An influential person will say something about you in a positive light.", or something to that effect. Score.

In other news, I've become my mother. When I was younger, I used to tease her about falling asleep on the couch while watching a movie, usually early in the evening. Now it's me. Two nights in a row. I'm pathetic. It's official.....my biological clock has been officially reset to adult time. Being a grown up blows.

There....that's like....4 posts in one. A little disjointed, and not my best work, but beggars can't be choosers. That should buy me a week and a half. At least. Who knows....maybe I'll even post something else today.

I'm crazy like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

I'll miss you when your away.
Love ya

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too..love ya...snicker

2:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Fine, I'll let Gordie know you just thought of him as some blob in static, hmph! So exciting about the ultrasound, I can't wait to go and visit so we can have a B.Y.O.V. party (*groan*, I know, but we'll bring our VCR...you have to supply the booze though...).

Have fun at the course, I know you'll do a great job champ! There. Now your fortune's fulfilled.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home